“Gratitude opens the door to the power, the wisdom, the creativity of the universe. You open the door through gratitude.”~ Deepak Chopra
As we enter the magical land of the Holiday Season, it becomes quite tempting to get drawn into fun, indulgent and hurried activities (which can be exciting!) but they can also leave us feeling depleted, lethargic, stressed and a literal or metaphorical sense of heaviness. Reminder: Balance in all things. I’ve listed below seven ways in which you can practice greater self care while nourishing all levels of your existence as a human being – physically, emotionally and spiritually.
- Mindful Eating: What you put into your body matters. Whether it’s a healthy, “rainbow” colored salad, a crunchy and sweet honey crisp apple or a decadent piece of pumpkin pie with a generous dollop of whipped cream, savor and appreciate every single bite. Truly. Life is meant to be enjoyed. If you are rushing your meals while you are stressed or feeling shame and guilt over those extra calories, rethink your actions. Conscientious and mindful eating is a practice worth reveling in that will feed your cells and your soul plenty of times over. You can always recalibrate the next day.
- Muscles – Your Super Power: You know exercise is good for you. Yet why do so many put this on the back burner during the holidays (or maybe all year round)? Aerobic exercise alone is incomplete and limited in its long term effects on the body. Muscle strengthening exercises, on the other hand, not only create a stronger body, they add a powerful boost to fat burning and therefore lead to a leaner body. The more consistently you target and challenge your muscles throughout the body, your metabolism naturally increases to keep those muscle cells nourished. As lean body mass increases, body fat percentage decreases. It’s a win-win for both women and men!
- Hydrate & Radiate: As winter approaches, the temperatures drop, the heaters turn up, maybe your water intake takes a dip as well and those holiday sweets, peppermint mochas and cocktails sneak in too, right? Your internal organs become dehydrated along with your largest external organ – your SKIN. Remedy? Keep a large steel water bottle with filtered water close to your side as if your life depends on it (and yep it does). Refill. Repeat. Day after day. Add an extra layer of moisturizer to your face and body as well. I LOVE the products from BeautyCounter that focus on natural, clean, non-toxic ingredients while enhancing your skin’s appearance to feel and look radiant! You can choose from a variety of products based on your skin type. Order BeautyCounter Here. 20% off your first order. Use code – CLEANFORALL20 – at checkout.
- Pamper Party – YOU Matter: Giving to others is immensely fulfilling. It fills your heart. And guess what? Your own ability to receive is just as fulfilling. Don’t wait or expect gifts from others. Give yourself the gift of receiving. We often think of actual procedures or events for self indulgence such as a massage, a facial, a manicure, a cute pair of shoes, a special necklace, a vacation getaway trip. Those are all fantastic and if that’s what you truly want, go for it. Self care doesn’t have to involve money. Write yourself a love letter that shows what you truly love or like about yourself – your humor, your ability to be a good friend and partner, your work ethic and ability to provide for your family and yourself, your commitment to excellent health, your empathy towards others, your brilliant, creative mind and the ability to influence others. Whatever is calling out to you, fill YOUR cup too, heed the call and receive with joy appreciation.
- Bountiful Generosity: “The law of prosperity is generosity. If you want more, give more.” ~ Bob Proctor. So many ways to give. You can give tangible items like money, food, clothing, household items, blood, your products and services if you own a business. Guess what you can also give? Your precious time, your undivided attention, your compassion, your unconditional love, your sincere compliments, your motivational support, your beautiful smile and your forgiveness. When you give, you receive. Within the Universal Law of Circulation, all things are always flowing at an ever expanding rate. What you give to one person, you receive from another source. Reciprocity – the need to give back after we receive. This happens constantly in nature and it also happens naturally with humans. Keep the flow circulating and your life will change in miraculous ways.
- Go Within and Go Deep: Recently, I have taken up the practice of meditation and have been following Dr. Joe Dispenza’s work for a little while now. Through repeated and diligent efforts, I have experienced a few benefits. It’s not always easy, not daily and far from perfect. Consistency is key. My nervous system has calmed down (parasympathetic mode) and I feel more relaxed and peaceful. My heart rhythm has become more regular and normal. I am better able to access my intuition and see more possibilities that are in alignment with who I am and who I want to become. My sleep has improved, meaning that I’m able to fall back asleep in less time if awakened. My ability to adapt to changes and stress within and outside of me has become more resilient. My digestion has improved. On the days or evenings that I meditate, I feel more happy and hopeful and more of a creator in my life vs feeling less like a victim or perpetrated. It has allowed me to feel less controlling and let go of behaviors and circumstances that are no longer serving me. Meditation is therapeutic. And it can offer you the ability to manifest profound transformations in your life.
- Gratitude – The Currency of the Universe: When we are grateful for things, people, circumstances, opportunities, experiences in our life and express it on paper, verbally or within our minds, we are opening the door or portal for more abundance (in whatever form) to flow into our lives. We contemplate these thoughts of gratitude with our brain or mind and feel it with our heart or emotions and that synergy becomes a beacon of light for attraction and manifestation. It’s a simple and mysterious concept to grasp and accept. And yet it works. Better yet, imagine visualizing and feeling grateful for something (benevolent and not harmful) that hasn’t even yet visibly come to fruition. But you truly want it! Practice this consistently and just wait for your serendipitous desire to arrive in a way that you least expect.
Self care practices (and therefore self-respect and self-love) are essential for our health and lives. We also need help from other people in our lives for information, support and encouragement. We are not meant to live on an island alone nor heal alone. Community in every sense of that word is a crucial aspect of true medicine.
My all inclusive, comprehensive 6 Month Vital Transformation Program provides all of the recommendations, testing, guidance and motivation that you need to heal every organ system from within. This program addresses all aspects of health on a physical, emotional, environmental and spiritual level.
To read more about the details and benefits of the Vital Transformation Program, click HERE. You will also receive more information during the Discovery Call.
If you are ready to transform your health and body, experience greater energy, lessened or resolved pain and inflammation, balanced hormones and a better outlook on life, then please schedule a FREE Discovery Call. During this call, you can discuss your medical symptoms and why you are seeking support. Schedule your Discovery Call HERE.
***SPECIAL OFFER: From now until 12/31/21, if you choose the 3 month payment plan option, there is no interest or mark up added. This Special Offer is only valid until 12/31/21.***
Discovery Calls are only offered on Mondays and Fridays. I still have just a few openings for this Friday, 11/26/21 – the day after Thanksgiving and the following Monday 11/29/21. Book your Discovery Call HERE.
Wishing all of you and your families a decadent, peaceful and community centered Happy Thanksgiving!
P.S. Reminder: The cost of the 6 Month Vital Transformation program increases in January 2022, so get in by the end of this year at this amazing price!